cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opposite of "save configuration as-script"

Opposite of "save configuration as-script"

Jerry
New Contributor
I am looking to reconfigure MANY switches "remotely". I have approximately 180 switches, mostly Summit x series, spread across more than 100 remote sites, so doing this remotely would be "Extreme"ly beneficial. (Pun intended). I would like to start with a defaulted switch. I have a script that works great when I'm consoled into the switch, but when I'm telnet-ed into the switch I lose my connection when I "unconfigure switch all".

I tried editing the cfg file with an XML editor and saving with a different name, but that doesn't work either. When I "use configuration .cfg" and reboot, the switch boots with a defaulted config.

Is there a command that is the opposite of "save configuration as-script", such as "save script as configuration"? Then I could "use configuration .cfg" to utilize my new config.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Jerry
6 REPLIES 6

After the switch reboot you can just do "save configuration" so that a .cfg (XML) file is created.

andreas1
New Contributor II
This is something I sollved by doing this. First save the file as default.xsf that you have your configuration in. Then you do unconfigure switch all The switch then reboots with the default.xsf configuration. What we did after that was in the file last file in the default.xsf we did mv default.xsf hostname.conf You have to save the config though as primary or something else manually ( or may python script it now that you can do that and have the switch save the file a running new config )
GTM-P2G8KFN