cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSPF Troubleshooting quesitons..

OSPF Troubleshooting quesitons..

yuvi
New Contributor
The problem right now is that our outbound traffic is only using one of our many MPLS pipes. And i reckon this is because there is only one advertising router for those networks.

1. We have multiple ISP routers redistributing routes (they say they do) into our OSPF network. But on our internal routers i only see one entry in the LSDB. Is this normal ..or is our ISP lying

2. The VLANs added to EAPS are also the ones with interfaces on OSPF.. so would EAPS be preventing OSPF LSAs ?

13 REPLIES 13

yuvi
New Contributor
Sumit, i have your email from a previous support ticket that you helped me on, so do you mind if i email you in case of doubts regarding this.. As of now i have narrowed it down to the ISP not advertising the routes. So i will be asking them to forward me the configuration of their CE router. Unless you think it could be a bug ?

any known bugs for OSPF in exos 12.5 ?

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
Can you provide "show version" command output and your contact phone number to discuss you about this issue?

yuvi
New Contributor
the site-2 is two cities linked by a LAN extension.

The ISP link is Router-1-2
sh ospf neighbor
Neighbor ID Pri State Up/Dead Time Address
172.21.2.1 1 FULL /DR 245:10:24:21/00:00:00:02 172.21.2.1

Im wondering EAPS has nothing to do with LSDB entries. IF my extreme switch is connected directly to the ISP CE router, then by default that router should be advertising all routes that are behind it in the MPLS. But the LSDB of the extreme router connected to the ISP CE router doesn't have any advertisements coming form that particular CE router.

andreas1
New Contributor II
So vlan SITE1-SITE2 is the area you have towards the ISP ?

How do your show ospf neig look like today ?

WP
New Contributor II
how to config connect to cisco "cisco have > key chain "
GTM-P2G8KFN