cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with MVR enabled Summit X460 G2

Problems with MVR enabled Summit X460 G2

FrancescoP
New Contributor
Hi we configured our switch with 2 VLANs.
The first VLAN called "internal" have some devices communicating.
On the switch's port 1 there is a computer that sends commands to the devices and take replies back.
The second VLAN called "external" have some external computers that can communicate with the computer on port 1, so the port 1 is tagged to belong to both VLANs.
On the internal VLAN we have some streaming devices that send Video in multicast. The video should arrive on the computers on the external VLAN.
To be able to see the video, we simply enabled MVR for the "Internal" VLAN:
configure mvr vlan internal
enable mvr
We are now able to see the video from external Vlan but we also have some problems in the internal VLAN, some devices doesn't work as expected, and the computer on port 1 read some error responses.

What could cause the problem?
If we disable the mvr, the errors are gone but we can't see the video from external Vlan as expected
11 REPLIES 11

FrancescoP
New Contributor
The issue i see is on a unicast communication between a computer on port 1 and a device(modbus).
The computer read continously the state of the device. After MVR enabled, the device is replying with an error code. The device is connected to an other small switch, but i'm not aware of the configuration or if this could cause the problem.

I was thinking about allowing only some multicast addresses of my interest to be forwarded ouside the "Internal" vlan, but i'm not sure how to write the code

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Can you give us a bit more detail on what isn't working when MVR is enabled? Are the issues you are seeing limited to multicast, or is unicast traffic affected too?
GTM-P2G8KFN