cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on PSU failures X620-16x (FN-416 - X620-16x PSU Failures)

Update on PSU failures X620-16x (FN-416 - X620-16x PSU Failures)

Frank
Contributor

I was just wondering if there's a fix for the FN-416 - X620-16x PSU Failures issue that I'm not aware of ( https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000069351 )

We've been running 6 important switches on a single power supply for about a year now, and I'm starting to become a little fidgety.

Thanks,
Frank

1 REPLY 1

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Frank,
I'm guessing you normally run these 6 switches on dual PSUs? If not, then there's no worry here.

There is some extra information in the internal notes that I can share:
X620-16x systems with a hardware revision greater than or equal to 13 have been updated to resolve this issue. The hardware revision is the last two digits of the System Number: 800629-00-xx. This can be found in 3 places:
  • In the CLI using the "show version" command (hardware revision is listed separately along with the System Number).
  • On the system labels located physically on the switch.
  • On the shipping label located physically on the shipping package.

The Shipping Number located physically on the shipping package can be used to determine if the X620-16x has been updated to resolve this issue as well. If the last two digits of the Shipping Number are greater than or equal to 14, then the switch has been updated. For example: 908261-10-14.

There is no proactive replacement program for these. They're only being replaced in the event of a failure. Concerns should be directed to your account team or SE for further discussion. The article hasn't been updated in quite some time, so they may have newer information.
GTM-P2G8KFN