cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about EAPS in XOS

Question about EAPS in XOS

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Is there a way to delay or put a hold timer in place when downed links are repaired and come back up? We need to be able to control port flaps as fiber is repaired on very large EAPS rings... 1200 or so vlans all ten gig interfaces. EAPS works great when we get a cut but if fiber splicers have issues and cause brief duration multiple port flaps this affects many customers using a routed service and their routers have issues getting the agency back stable... What should be a 50 to 100 ms hit turns into a 4 or 5 minute outage... On RPS or 8032 rings there is a holdback timer that can be set but I cant seem to find anywhere you can do this on an EAPS ring...

6 REPLIES 6

I just created feature request 01237407 for this.

Etherman, I would suggest checking in with your account team regarding this feature as well.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi, I don't see any specific command to delay the EAPS restore action.

Since that takes place when Master node receives the EAPS health-check message I'm wondering if increasing the EAPS hello time could help. However, that will also affects the failover time and also it's not 100% accurate since the hello packet can be sent by Master node before the link is repaired.

An option would be using a higher EAPS hello time (that will be also used for EAPS restore action) and apply CFM configuration so you can have the standard failover time.

Maybe a lab could help to confirm if that works.
GTM-P2G8KFN