cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

radius authenticaiton no longer working after changing my password

radius authenticaiton no longer working after changing my password

Keith9
Contributor III
A few weeks ago my admin password was due for a change.  We have our admin passwords tied into logging into all EXOS switches with Windows Server 2019 NAC Radius connection to each switch.

Since I changed my password I can no longer log into any EXOS switch with my new credentials.  I can paste in a generic Admin account password out of our password management tool and that works.  Other admins can also log in.

Is there a limitation to the number of characters or special characters that cannot be used in RADIUS authentication?
4 REPLIES 4

CThompsonEXOS
Extreme Employee

Hi,

Do you mean you can use a generic local account fine?

If so, that generally indicates the radius server isn't responding.  IF the radius server responds with a reject then the switch would not failover to its local database.

Thanks,
Chris Thompson

No generic local accounts dont work.

In Active Directory we have a generic admin.  Its actually a fictional character, but who knows the password... always have to go in our password management tool to copy and paste it out.

We also have our regular user accounts and our domain admin accounts.  Other IT domain admin accounts work.  Just my domain admin account doesn't work since the password change.  My new domain admin password is 47 characters in length and contains at least a number and 3 specials (@, ! and space).

For some reason, EXOS just complains that it's an incorrect password.  What is the limitation?

Hi Keith,

It looks like the limit is 32 characters:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000092627

Thanks,
Chris Thompson

Thank you, I will reference that in a GTAC feature request case.

Character limits are so 90s... you know back when memory really mattered.
GTM-P2G8KFN