cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

replacing faulty summit x250e with new Summit x440 into existing summit x250e stack (same firmware)

replacing faulty summit x250e with new Summit x440 into existing summit x250e stack (same firmware)

Soe_Minn_Htet
New Contributor II
Dear All,

My existing network is running with all summit x250e with stacking. I understand that Summit x250e is already end of life and not able to purchase. So I am looking at replacement model which is Summit x440. I would like to know that how can I replace new Summit x440 into existing Summit x250e stack if one of the summit x250e switch is failed without rebooting the whole stack?
The existing config for faulty Summit x250e will synchronize automatically to the new replacement Summit x440 switch? Or I need to reconfigure the port assignment for new Summit x440 switch?

Appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks.
Minn Htet
7 REPLIES 7

JohanHendrikx
Contributor II
Be aware that the summit x250 have 26 ports and the x440 have 24 ports

You must also change the type of module for that slot you are replacing the switch

Johan Hendrik System Architect Audax

andreas1
New Contributor II
backup your Current config remove the slot. Unconfigure the slot. Add the new slot and restore the port specific config. Make sure you have a New enough version to support x440.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
if you add a different model switch to an existing stack it will not load the config for that slot.
Its better you reconfigure that slot.
GTM-P2G8KFN