Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share does not loadshare as it should

Share does not loadshare as it should

Anders_Sjökvist
New Contributor
Hi
Im creating a link aggregation with LACP between a X670V and a Ericsson SSR8000. The share contains 4 10Gb links and works fine except that it doesn't loadbalance over all 4 links. We have configured it to use L3-L4 as algorithm and the destinations ipaddresses contains a fair ammount of different addresses and tcp-ports. Whatever we do it just shares over 2 ports sending out from the 670. If i disable on port that actually sends traffic then it starts using all three ports but not balanced. Anyone out there with any ideas?
BR Anders S
9 REPLIES 9

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Anders is the traffic from the server using all 4 links? When you do a show sharing are all of the ports on the switch active?

P

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
If you disable the two links where you see traffic. Does it load share with other two active links .

Anders_Sjökvist
New Contributor
Hi and thanks for your answers.
I tried all options and i get no change still just loadsharing between 2 ports. The traffic is not multicast, only unicast with known destination.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Check hashing and see if changing to CRC helps. Two options are xor or crc Note: multicast traffic always takes same link. Broadcast as well . Unknown unicast takes same link .

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Can you try using custom and crc, see if it improves the load balancing?
GTM-P2G8KFN