cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show/Increase VRRP Instances

Show/Increase VRRP Instances

Frank
Contributor
I've gone blind - I can't find the command to show or increase the number of VRRP instances.

Or is it automatic that when you install the "Advanced Edge" or "Core" license, it increases the instances from twohundred-some-odd to 511?

Also, am I right when I assume that the number of VRRP instances are not shared between IP6 and IP4? As in, I can have 511 IPV6 VRRPs and 511 IPV4 VRRPs?

Thanks,
Frank
6 REPLIES 6

Frank
Contributor
Thanks for checking on that, Paul - I made a mistake in thinking that if I'm dual-stacking V4 and V6 I'd eat up two VRRPs, which I don't - I only use 2 VRIDs on the same VRRP. D'oh! 511 distinct VLANs, dual-stacked V4/V6, and I can play default-router(VRRP enabled) for all of them - yes, I think that's enough (i.e. after that many, I should get a new set of 8800s).

Sorry for the confusion!

Frank

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Frank

I did check with SQA and it is total 511 either all IPv4 or all IPv6 or a mixture of the two up to the limit.

Hope that helps.

P

Frank
Contributor
Ah, thank you, Stephane, that explains it. I didn't realize that it's a "comes with 15.4/5 automatically enabled" and was searching for a "config" command (similar to the commands to increase routing table size)

I think/hope that since the notes have two separate sections for VRRP-IPv4 and VRRP-IPv6, that it's not 511 shared between V4 and V6, but rather up to 511 each. (Waiting for Paul's confirmation on that, though)

Thank you all for shedding light on this!

Frank

Stephane_Grosje
Contributor
Hi,

>Or is it automatic that when you install the "Advanced Edge" or "Core" license, it increases the instances from twohundred-some-odd to 511?

The limit in VRRP instances is not related to a license. So you never upgrade from "twohundred-some-odd to 511". The license is involved only to active the VRRP feature.

However, the VRRP instances limit has been increased with EXOS 15.4.1, so you may increase from "twohundred-some-odd to 511" by upgrading your version, if you happen to run a previous release of EXOS.
GTM-P2G8KFN