Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMP Error #2003

SNMP Error #2003

Ghost1081
New Contributor
Hello togehter,

i have an extreme switch an would like to use snmp.
my snmp config looks like this:

384ee4ef97584c768fcda685d0f60a3b_RackMultipart20170129-113839-fqnz4p-Unbenannt_inline.png

problem is:
my snmp test tool says: Error #2003
What can i do now?

24 REPLIES 24

Ghost1081
New Contributor
yes, i am very sure that it is always the same switch

Ariyakudi_Srini
Extreme Employee
Hi,

The IP address from the log message and the IP configured at the NMS, are they the same?

Also, the log message states that the request is dropped as it was hitting the policy "PolSNMPAccess", but the output of acl configuration you have shared does not seem to have the acl configured in it.

Are we sure the output of "show configuration acl" is from the same switch where the previously provided log message was provided from?

Ghost1081
New Contributor
Output of show config acl

configure access-list zone SYSTEM application NetLogin application-priority 4
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application HealthCheckLAG application-priority 5
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application IdentityManager application-priority 6
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application VMTracking application-priority 7
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application PolicyManager application-priority 8
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application Snmp application-priority 11
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application Telnet application-priority 12
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application Http application-priority 13
configure access-list zone SYSTEM application Ssh2 application-priority 14

Ariyakudi_Srini
Extreme Employee
Hi,

Please check if there are any ACL's applied in the switch to deny traffic from a particular source or subnet.

- output of "show configuration acl" will give you the information of the configured ACL.

If the switch has been configured with any access-list, please check the particular access-list that has the IP address of the NMS in it, and understand as to why the SNMP request from that source is getting dropped, say if it is expected. The output of "show policy " will give you the configuration of the policy file.

Also let us know what is the NMS that you are using.

Ghost1081
New Contributor
sry, but what i have to do now?
i am new in the extreme world 
GTM-P2G8KFN