cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNMPv3 on Solarwinds, test passes but no metrics other than ICMP/CPU

SNMPv3 on Solarwinds, test passes but no metrics other than ICMP/CPU

Robert_LeClerc
New Contributor II
We are just introducing Extreme to our environment so this is the first device being attempted. I've added the SNMPv3 settings to the switch (see below) and have added it to Solarwinds as a SNMPv3 device with the correct user/password/key. The test passes and it shows up green, but when I look at the device I do not see the ports and the CPU metric is showing 0% (which I assume is correct since the switch is not yet in use). SNMPWalk seems to work fine.

X440G2-24p-10G4

So I have a couple of questions-
1. What did I miss or muck up possibly?
2. What if any context should I specify in Solarwinds?

configure snmpv3 add user "Vxx" engine-id ***** authentication md5 auth-encrypted localized-key *********** privacy privacy-encrypted localized-key *************
configure snmpv3 add group "grp_Vxx" user "Vxx" sec-model usm
configure snmpv3 add access "grp_Vxx" sec-model usm sec-level priv read-view "defaultAdminView" notify-view "defaultNotifyView"
configure snmpv3 add mib-view "orion" subtree 1.3.6 type included
configure snmpv3 add mib-view "grp_Vxx" subtree 1.3.6.1.2.1.1/f8 type included
configure snmpv3 add community "Vxx" name "Vxx" user "Vxx"
enable snmp access
disable snmp access snmp-v1v2c
enable snmp access snmpv3
disable snmpv3 default-group

Thanks for any help with this!
4 REPLIES 4

Robert_LeClerc
New Contributor II
Hi Suresh,

Thank you for responding. I am not seeing any port info or memory stats. I just want to make sure it's actually reporting data back. Is there a way to generate cpu usage so that I can see a spike on the monitoring side?

Thanks
Robert

DH1
New Contributor III
In order for me to monitor the CPU and Memory with Solarwinds NPM I had to download a custom poller by crypto_root. If you go into NPM settings>Manage Pollers>Thwack Community Pollers scroll down to Extreme and it's the only one there.

I have had no other issues monitoring Extreme with NPM and the fact that the test turns green means your are being successful at polling the device with SNMPv3.

Robert_LeClerc
New Contributor II
This worked perfectly! I now have CPU and memory stats for all of my Extreme switches! Thank You.

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi Robert,

X440G2 is idle switch which added into solarwinds SNMP server , where you can see the device status and port status.

1) What is not working from switch to server now ?

2) What is the specific output that you are trying to configure now ?

SNMPV3 configuration looks ok.

Thanks,

Suresh.B

GTM-P2G8KFN