Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some of our X440-G2 switches accessing internet

Some of our X440-G2 switches accessing internet

kaare_t
New Contributor III

Hello,

X440-G2 switches and XMC Management. For some reason some of our X440-G2 switches are trying to access the internet. I’m sure I’ve enabled some service in the affected switches, I’m just not sure what. It’s just some of our X440-G2 switches, not all.

It looks like they are trying to establish SSL connection to *.compute.amazon.*. Our firewall is currently blocking the connections.

Does anyone have a clue? I basically would like to disable the service since our switches should not acccess internet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BradP
Extreme Employee

The ability to disable iqagent is coming in EXOS 31.1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kaare_t
New Contributor III

Thank you both. 

BradP
Extreme Employee

The ability to disable iqagent is coming in EXOS 31.1

kaare_t
New Contributor III

Hi, and thanks! You are indeed correct. If I terminate the process ‘iqagent’ it stops trying to access the internet. However, I haven’t installed the iqagent .xmod, so I guess this came as part of an xos patch. I’m currently running 30.7.1.1-patch1-23. I would guess that the process starts again if the switch is rebooted, and I haven’t found a way to permanently disable/uninstall the iqagent.

Is there a way to permanently disable/uninstall this feature? Or maybe there will be a possibility in future xos?

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Hi Kaare,

It is probably trying to join CloudIQ.

Check this to disable it: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-add-an-EXOS-Switch-to-ExtremeCloud-... 

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN