Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specs for the new 5420 and 5320???

Specs for the new 5420 and 5320???

FredrikB
Contributor II

Hi!

I have customers that have ordered the new 5520 (funny name as Avaya/Nortel had a 5520 in the past). They all say that they’d like to know the specs for the smaller siblings 5420 and 5320 as soon as possible. I know they’re not released but perhaps some Extreme SE leaked some specs, like 10 G SFP port density and so on. Any rumors out there?

/Fredrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II
7 REPLIES 7

lupachec
New Contributor

Hi all, when will this info be open to customers? 

Thanks,

Cheers

BayMitch
New Contributor

Hi All,

Is there updated news yet? I am curios.

Thanks Remko

DrankThePurpleS
New Contributor III

Datasheets on these are fuzzy. We were quoted and moments away from getting 47 of 5520's. I had one our staff on build call, just simple upgrade here. Only question was sfp+ ports, since QFS28P clearly marked. I don't have to purchase this equipment much, but uplink ports, redundancy, would seem obvious. Even options much less come with at worst dual sfp+  Either overpriced fan out cable with transceiver that works, or a market price for VIM-4X that's ridiculous. Then added support. 

If anyone has information otherwise, I'd love to hear it. Someone needs to put this company back on track. I love Extreme because they never were or wanted to be Cisco. I get it, pick your ports, fun, to sell them with zero, or try unless the exact question needed is asked. On that, need a new A8, if anyone wants my purple A8, barely any miles. Looks like it was made to be a switch. $100, just want it gone.

If you want the engine too, definitely let me know. I hope no one makes an offer without reading this, which sort of explained but not, and especially if used to VIM or expansion on back. 

FredrikB
Contributor II

Well I can guess from the description column, but it doesn’t state clearly that YE is actually 1/10/25 G, 10/25 or just 25 G for instance.

I failed to see the difference in these two, apart from the F/M suffix and the YE/XE that probably means 25 (Y) or 10 (X) Gbps.

5420M-16MW-32P-4YE    5420M 16port MR 802.3bt 90w & 32 PoE+
5420F-16MW-32P-4XE    5420F 16port MR 802.3bt 90w & 32 PoE+

I thought the F and M were different models where M was the multi rate switch, but now I see that all M-models have the -4YE suffis, so probably SFP28 slots and the F only has SFP+ as they all have the -XE suffix.

I think I get it now. Thanks for the link!

GTM-P2G8KFN