Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSH session stucked

SSH session stucked

Antero_Vasconce
New Contributor II
hi team

we have a situation that in some switchs the ssh session is stuck and don't terminate, even when the remote machine is powerd off
this session is connected since Fri Nov 5 12:28:36 2021, and don´t accept any other ssh connection to tat switch

1081 Fri Nov 5 12:28:36 2021 <user> ssh2 local dis 172.16.130.X 

thanks in adv
Antero Vasconcelos
3 REPLIES 3

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

Hi Antero,

I have a feeling that your SSH process has locked up. There were a few SSH bugs in the 30.6 and early 30.7.1 releases; See the 'resolved issues' section of the release notes and search 'ssh'. I think you're likely hitting EXOS-26898 which I have seen multiple times.
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/release_notes/ExtremeXOS/30.7.2-Patch1-33/downloads/ExtremeXOS_30.7.2-Patch1-33_RelNotes.pdf

You can try to correct with 'restart process exsshd' but this may cause the switch to crash. A reboot would definitely fix things in the short term, but I would recommend upgrading to the latest 30.7.2 patch when you can to completely resolve this issue.

Hope that helps!

Antero_Vasconce
New Contributor II
Hi Sam

the switch model is x460G2 with EXOS 30.7.1.1

thanks

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi there, could you let us know which model switch you are having this issue with? Also, when did you first notice this issue happening?
GTM-P2G8KFN