cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no half duplex on X450G2/X460G2-48p?

Still no half duplex on X450G2/X460G2-48p?

FredrikB
Contributor II

I thought I heard that X450G2/X460G2-48p (and -24/48p/t) was getting support for 10Base-T half duplex in a new EXOS release, but perhaps I was mixing it up with the X460-G2-24ht/hp versions. Does anyone know if the “original” G2’s ever will support half duplex?

All these door locks, DUCs and other IoT thingies still have the most basic chips for networking and require half duplex. Some customers set the ports to 10 full duplex and live with the mis-match, but it would be nice to have HD support without an extra box (external small switch or the “HD/FD converter” from Extreme).

/Fredrik

5 REPLIES 5

FredrikB
Contributor II

According to other sources (vendors using the same Broadcom chip sets) the limitation is in the Broadcom supplied API, not actually the hardware. They claim to have solved it by addressing the hardware directly as opposed to via the (limited) API.

jeronimo
Contributor III

Wouldn’t this rather be a “hardware limitation” as B-rad called it? The limitation in this case probably consists in the fact that newer ASICs don’t support those modes anymore.

BradP
Extreme Employee

We also have these little guys that can work in a pinch:

https://www.extremenetworks.com/product/half-duplex-to-full-duplex-converter/

FredrikB
Contributor II

...or an API limitation from Broadcom depending on who you talk to  Customers won’t be replacing fairly new switches just because of this, so I think using the 10/FD method will be used for less important gadgets and external hardware solutions for the more important stuff.

Thanks!

/Fredrik

GTM-P2G8KFN