Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange LED blinking after upgrade

Strange LED blinking after upgrade

eyeV
New Contributor III
Hi everybody!
I know, it sounds strange, but... I've recently upgrade my two MLAG-peers (X670V-48x) to 15.5.4.2 patch 1-5. So everething is good, switches work correct. Everybody is happy!

It was quite a shock when I saw swithes yesterday. All LEDs on both switches was synchronous blinking and they continue to do it until now. It looks like broadcast storm. Very strange because the network operate well.

Can anybody ssluggest me something?
8 REPLIES 8

Jed
New Contributor
Funny I just did this last night and I see the same crazy blinking and high cpu usage. Chunky response in the CLI and if you do a "show stacking" command forget about it you'll have to restart your telnet session. I shouldn't have touched anything I guess.

eyeV
New Contributor III
My switches look great. CPU usage is low, everething is good. But LED blinking looks pretty creepy.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hello friend, what version was installed previously? I'm assuming you were happy with the rate in that previous version?
The LED blink rate was slowed under CR xos0059128, which is included in your patch version.
It's also in EXOS 16.1.1, EXOS 15.7.1+, and EXOS 15.6.2+.

Another note in the CR says that it's done for stacking... not sure if it was added to standalone switches. Is yours a stack or standalone?

eyeV
New Contributor III
Hi!

15.4.1.3-patch1-1 was installed previosly. I use two standalone switches whish is MLAG peers.

It's reaaly strange, but I have misterious fealing that it's not the XOS problem. Something happen in network.

to be continued...

GTM-P2G8KFN