cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch rebooting daily

Switch rebooting daily

JonathanW
New Contributor
I have 2 x460-g2 and 2 x440-48p stacked at my high school. Everyday for the past month or so they reboot around 10am-noon. I do not know what causes this, but it's becoming a headache especially getting closer to testing time. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Well, collectively, I'm sure everyone who has an account on the Extreme portal greatly appreciates this diversion and additional "unsubscribe action" today.

--

I also just started getting blasted by emails from Extreme.  I think they have a loose stacking cable too.

--

I concur.

Sent from a mobile device.

This electronic message is intended for the named recipient(s) only, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the named recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message. Thank you.

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor
Looks like there is one of the stacking cables faulty or one of the stack ports. Stacking problems can result in a reboot. Can you replace the cable?

Looking at the back from 4:1 to 1:2 stacking ports, the lights aren't blinking like the rest. I am going to see about getting another cable
GTM-P2G8KFN