cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch rebooting daily

Switch rebooting daily

JonathanW
New Contributor
I have 2 x460-g2 and 2 x440-48p stacked at my high school. Everyday for the past month or so they reboot around 10am-noon. I do not know what causes this, but it's becoming a headache especially getting closer to testing time. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

Or pull stacking cable for a minute and see if it still logs media errors on the cable.

ec7f646422bb42298f2317b71d82632a.png  Allan Morris | Cloud/DC Manager
 MVP Network Consulting, LLC
 716.630.1701 | O: 716.362.7588
 Click this link to provide feedback on my performance!

Looks like there is one of the stacking cables faulty or one of the stack ports. Stacking problems can result in a reboot. Can you replace the cable? -posted to the "ExtremeSwitching (EXOS)" community

ExtremeSwitching (EXOS)

Post New Message

Re: Switch rebooting daily

Stefan K.

Oct 12, 2021 11:37 AM

Stefan K.

Looks like there is one of the stacking cables faulty or one of the stack ports. Stacking problems can result in a reboot. Can you replace the cable?

Reply to Group Online   View Thread   Recommend   Forward   Flag as Inappropriate  

You are subscribed to "ExtremeSwitching (EXOS)" as amorris@mvpworks.com. To change your subscriptions, go to My Subscriptions. To unsubscribe from this community discussion, go to Unsubscribe.

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

For your stacking setup are you using daisy chain or ring method to stack the switches?​

I have 4 switches. stacking ports go 1:1 to 2:2, 2:1 to 3:2, 3:1 to 4:2, then 4:1 to 1:2

Hi, you could try, as a test, removing the cable between 4:1 to 1:2 and see if this stops the log entries and the reboots.  The switches will be in daisy-chain mode from when you remove the cable which is not ideal, but may help in alleviating the reboot issue.

Switches rebooted again today without 4:1 to 1:2 hooked up. I'm thinking maybe the firmware needs updated?
GTM-P2G8KFN