cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

switch summit-x670 shutdown when I removed 3 ports from the default vlan tag 1

switch summit-x670 shutdown when I removed 3 ports from the default vlan tag 1

Akin
New Contributor
switch summit-x670 shutdown when I removed 3 ports from the default vlan tag 1. I had to do a hard reset to bring it back online. Does anyone know what could have happened?
31 REPLIES 31

Akin
New Contributor
Here is the "show vlan default" output

a54f288eeede458693f3bd571b84d3ef_RackMultipart20160916-36556-183e25-pic2_inline.png

and the "show debug system-dump gave this "No core dump information found on Switch". Thank you for your time.

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
I believe there is something we are missing here. Without seeing the configuration and VLAN information it may be hard to come to a conclusion. I would recommend reaching out to GTAC where your issue can be investigated privately. If you do open a ticket please make sure you attach a "show tech" to it so it can be evaluated.

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
The IP address you are using to gain access through SSH. What VLAN is that on?

I was connected to, say vlan 599 via ssh before I was shut out. Also, different servers in various vlans were disconnected as well. The Default vlan (tag 1) only has ports 1,2,3 added untagged. What is weird to me is that I have had to remove ports from Default vlan before with no issues, even LAG ports.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi Akin,

Not sure if I understood correctly, but let's say you have the following:

LACP 1 - Ports 1, 5
LACP 2 - Ports 2, 6
LACP 3 - Ports 3, 4

And you have ports 1, 2 and 3 added to vlan "default".

If you do "configure vlan default delete ports 1,2,3", then all 6 ports will be removed from vlan "default". Also if those ports are used as uplinks to reach this switch, you will "isolate" the switch.

When you add/remove a LAG master port to/from a vlan, that action will happen to all ports in the LAG.
GTM-P2G8KFN