cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triple redundancy link

Triple redundancy link

Jakub
New Contributor
Hi, community!I have some problem with configuration redundancy on my switch. I need to set to links as a redundancy. I have links A,B,C. A is a main link whose redundancy link is B. If A and B failed i want to that link C take whole network traffic. I don't have any idea how to do this.

Thanks for help
Best regards.

12 REPLIES 12

EtherMAN
Contributor III
There may be other ways to do what you are trying to do ... It would help if we had a simple diagram show switches and what ABC is connected to.

Jakub
New Contributor
Thank you all

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Yes you are right. In such case you need to use scripting to react on link A event. If link A goes down then configure EAPS to use link B and deconfigure vlans from link A. If link A goes up again then deconfigure link B and configure link A... With LAG there will not be outage. With the scripting approach there will be some shotr outage as script must execute and EAPs must be established again. But yes doable.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Jakub
New Contributor
Yeah, sorry and thank you all ,it is on L2, and the network is connected with EAPS, so without STP. And yes all the links are in full duplex with the same speed. But if i make a 3 port LAG, data will be balanced equal on each port and i want to use only A(if works)
only B(if A failed) and only C(if A and B failed). Am i right ?

A(master)=>B(slave)/B(Master)=>C(slave)

Martineau__John
Extreme Employee
Spanning tree will take care of this automatically BUT I also recommend a 3 port LAG.
GTM-P2G8KFN