cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two EXOS stack and MLAG betwen them

Two EXOS stack and MLAG betwen them

Peter_Majercak
New Contributor II

Hi guys, i have a question if it is possible to create this design.
I would like to have 2 stacks. Each stack consist from 3x 5520 24x. Nodes of each stack are conected via QSFP28 ports. Each stack member is fitted by VIM4Y module. I is possible to create MLAG connection between these two stack via VIM4Y ports?

Many thanks for your advice.
7 REPLIES 7

Hi Stephan,

thanks for your help, but my question is little but different.

It is possible to create MLAG connection between these(3x5520) two stack in general? No mather about port type. 
I know, that in between two standalone switches via ISC link it is possible and simple, but i am not sure in case of two stacks.
Thanks.

--
peter

i just added more details

Hi Peter,

MLAG between 2 stacks is fine. Let me highlight this section of the EXOS User Guide:

https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_31.4/downloads/EXOS_User_Guide_31.4.pdf
Page 278: MLAG Limitations And Requirements:

The MLAG feature has the following limitations:
•MLAG peer switches must be of the same platform family. The following MLAG peers are allowed:
   ◦ExtremeSwitching switches with ExtremeSwitching switches
   ◦SummitStack with SummitStack
Note
•In the case of ExtremeSwitching standalone switches, it is strongly recommended that MLAG peer switches be of the same type.
•In the case of SummitStack switches, we recommend that the MLAG ports be from slots of similar capability.
•Layer 2 protocols such as EAPS or STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) will be configured to not allow the blocking of the ISC.
•The number of MLAG ports for each pair of switches is limited to 768.
•MLAG peers should run the same version of ExtremeXOS for proper functioning.
<Etc.>

GTM-P2G8KFN