cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to 16.x.x.x version?

Upgrading to 16.x.x.x version?

Network_Enginee
New Contributor
Good day all! We're looking to upgrade several of our X430 and X440 Summits from 15.3.1.4 to one of the lastest 16.x.x.x versions. Any gotchas that anyone has experienced making that big of a jump? Any suggestions on a stable 16.x.x.x version? None are stacked but uplinked to stacked core Extreme switches.

Thanks much all!

Garry
15 REPLIES 15

Network_Enginee
New Contributor
Thanks Ryan!! That's exactly what we were looking for. Thanks a bunch and have a great holiday weekend all!

Network_Enginee
New Contributor
Thanks Drew and Patrick!

Drew, we're just looking to get the latest/greatest for reasons of being up-to-date but also because we have a PCI compliance requirement and I'm thinking (guessing) that somewhere from the version we're running to the last there might have been a security hole in a version somewhere in between that a PCI can might ding us on.

Looks like I have to load a new SSH Mod too if I go from 15.x to 16.x. too? And thanks for the reminder that 430S use the lite version, that one almost slipped by me 🙂

Also, thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at the release document and release notes.

This one got a lot of likes, so thought I'd link to GTAC Knowledge as well:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-Is-The-Recommended-Release-of-EXOS-For-M...

Garry,

The Extreme Dev team puts out a recommended Version, per HW platform that can be accessed here.

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/hw_sw_compatibility/HardwareSoftwareCompatibility/r_recomme...

They're in the process of updating to cover the entire Extreme portfolio. This developed as an EXOS best practice, so we asked them to expand it.

Since you were asking about EXOS, thought I'd add in addition to Drew and Patrick's comments.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Garry,
Welcome to The Hub!

EXOS 16.x was recently released. v16.1.1.4 is the only version available. Is there a particular feature you're interested in that is driving you to 16.1?
If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at this post: EXOS 16.1 Releases with New Hardware and Role-based Policy Support!
I would also recommend you review the Release Notes (on the support site) and the "proactively published" articles mentioned in that thread.

As Patrick mentioned above, you shouldn't have any trouble moving from 15.3 to 16.1. Remember that the X430 uses the "summitlite" image, whereas the X440 uses the normal summitX image.
Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN