cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

VLAN interface created on switch but not able use internet access and ping to firewall. Model - Entrasys B5 switch.

VLAN interface created on switch but not able use internet access and ping to firewall. Model - Entrasys B5 switch.

vijayk
New Contributor
I have separet DHCP server in network. I created separate VLAN xx for accessing and created VLAN interface on switch with specific IP 10.10.20.xx/xx. For this i set ip helper on switch and created different scope on DHCP server.
Now am getting IP to system from DHCP when i connected to switch port, also am able to ping from system to Switch, DHCP server but not able to ping Firewall.

What will be issue, anyone can help me?
5 REPLIES 5

mischoe
New Contributor
if I unterstand that correctly, the client is in a new VLAN 20. This Vlan is the only one not working as expected.
Back to my question: Is the Client VLAN20 a new vlan and could it be that the firewall does not know about the client vlan? --> could it be that the routing table is not complete?
Can you debug on the firewall to see, if there the icmp request and icmp reply are visible?
which device is the Gateway for the clients VLAN 20?

vijayk
New Contributor
Yes client is able to ping VLAN 10 ips till riverbed.
When we traceroute from client it reaches till reverbed but stops there.
Yes client system is able to ping IP address of reverbed which is in same vlan 10
Yes from B5 switch we are able to ping the router and the firewall.
Yes vlan 20 is newly created vlan. Firewall does not have any vlan.

mischoe
New Contributor
So the Client can ping client in other subnet --> gateway not a problem
Whats the output of a tracreoute from client to mpls router and firewall?
Can the client ping the ip adress of the riverbed (not incoming, but outgoing to firewall and mpls router)?
Can the B5 Switch ping the mpls router and the firewall?
Is the Client VLAN20 a new vlan and could it be that the firewall does not know about the client vlan?

vijayk
New Contributor
  1. B5 switch, AD server having DHCP role, Riverbed, MPLS router and Firewall are in same subnet(VLAN10). Client System is on VLAN20. Clinet system is able to reach other clients on vlan 10, server and riverbed, but not able to go ahead and reach MPLS router or Firewall.
  2. Connectivity: Client---> b5 stackable swithes ----> riverbed---->firewall
  3. Client---> b5 stackable swithes ----> riverbed---->MPLS router
  4. From reverbed we have 2 paths , one to MPLS router and other to the firewall.
GTM-P2G8KFN