Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLAN Interfaces Graph

VLAN Interfaces Graph

Mrxlazuardin
New Contributor III
Hi,

I'm trying to graph the VLAN interfaces traffic on BlackDiamond by using SNMP based RRD tools like Zenoss, Cacti, etc. The tools can show the VLAN interfaces including the tag and name of each one but the traffic is always zero. Is there any way to have such graphs?

Best regards,
8 REPLIES 8

Seymur_Aliyev
New Contributor
Ok,We have not access list in switch,but we have 170 vlans in Blackdiamond.We want to monitoring vlans from cacti.My question is that.How can i check to resource which i monitor to all vlans?
Second question is that,what is rrecommendation that how many vlan I can monitor?
Thanks

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
There are some hardware resources what are on the chip and are used for ACLs. These resources are limited (everything is limited)... What Raja noted is that if you want to use both: heavy ACLs and heavy monitoring then you can run out of these resources...

You can check manuals and search for "slice" to understand the architecture.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Seymur_Aliyev
New Contributor
Hello Rajamanickam

We had 2 switch ,one of them is Extreme switch (12.4.1.7).Second of them is black diamond(12.5)

So I have 2 question about that.
1)is it possible active vlan statistica in 12.4?
2)I could not understand "But another point to be noted is , vlan statistics will occupy your ACL slice so configuring too many ports can lead to in-sufficient resources . While implementing have a check on your ACL slice resources"...could you give detail information
If i active all vlan statistica (12.5) ,can it create problem in switch? for example Some cpu or or resource?or maybe some process ?

Thanks

Ravisekar__Raja
Extreme Employee
Hello Lazuardi Nasution,

What is the OID , you are using ??. We have Extreme MIB for each EXOS which can be downloaded from the portal. Starting in EXOS 12.5 there is support for VLAN statistics and for that there is a separate private SNMP table (extremePortVlanStatsTable)

As soon you have enabled VLAN statistics on a VLAN /port combination you can collect that using the following OID table:

iso(1).org(3).dod(6).internet(1).private(4).enterprises(1).extreme(1916).extremeAgent(1).extremeVlan(2).extremeVlanStatsGroup(8).extremePortVlanStatsTable(2)

You can use below command for vlan statistics

configure ports [port_list|all] monitor vlan vlan_name {rx-only | tx-only}

But another point to be noted is , vlan statistics will occupy your ACL slice so configuring too many ports can lead to in-sufficient resources . While implementing have a check on your ACL slice resources.

Regards

Rajamanickam R

GTM-P2G8KFN