Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vlan routing for X465 extreme EXOS?

vlan routing for X465 extreme EXOS?

jwumcp
New Contributor

Hello all,

I just received some new X465 switches, I just realized it is so different from the ERS switches. User interface is very simple and therefore almost useless for any advanced configuration. CLI is very different as well.  I am mainly familiar with ERS 5900 switches. Can someone here tell me if it is possible for X465 to do inter vlan routing? if yes, how to do it?

Thank you very much.

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CWurm
Contributor

Inter-VLAN Routing on XOS is quite simple. Simply create your VLAN(s), assign an IP address and enable ipforwarding with the following commands:

create vlan NetworkA tag 100

create vlan NetworkB tag 200

configure vlan NetworkA ipaddress 10.0.1.1/24

configure vlan NetworkB ipaddress 10.0.2.1/24

enable ipforwarding vlan NetworkA

enable ipforwarding vlan NetworkB

That’s it! Now routing for both VLANs is enabled.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jwumcp
New Contributor

Thank you CWurm. Thank you. I have to say this forum is really helpful and I really appreciate the responses I got here.

CWurm
Contributor

Inter-VLAN Routing on XOS is quite simple. Simply create your VLAN(s), assign an IP address and enable ipforwarding with the following commands:

create vlan NetworkA tag 100

create vlan NetworkB tag 200

configure vlan NetworkA ipaddress 10.0.1.1/24

configure vlan NetworkB ipaddress 10.0.2.1/24

enable ipforwarding vlan NetworkA

enable ipforwarding vlan NetworkB

That’s it! Now routing for both VLANs is enabled.

jwumcp
New Contributor

Thank you Ty lzzet for your quick response. I will take a look at the acritical you recommended.

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee

Yes, the X465 is capable of inter VLAN routing. The following article will help get you started:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-enable-inter-VLAN-routing-in-EXOS

GTM-P2G8KFN