Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the minimum PSU requirement for BD8810 with total of 7 slot occupied

What is the minimum PSU requirement for BD8810 with total of 7 slot occupied

Tayzar_Lwin
New Contributor
Hi all,
I am planning to use BD8810 in our network and I could not decide "What is the minimum PSU requirement for BD8810" where as only 7 slot will be used in phase 1 including 2 MSM. I guess 6 PSU is for full load.
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
Hi Tayzar,

As suggested by my colleagues, we could determine how much power each module requires could be checked using "show power budget". A sample snapshot:-

91913e32073e409690890e9ec36f9e35_RackMultipart20161221-38289-u4tb1o-Capture1_inline.png

Ariyakudi_Srini
Extreme Employee
Hi Tayzar,

To add on, there are few different power rated PSU's available for the chassis.

So it would all depend on the PSU rating you are using in the chassis. As my colleague has provided a command in the previous update, it would help you determine the power used and available power in redundancy.

There are quite a few caveats you need to consider on this and the Extreme Networks BlackDiamond 8800 Series Switch Hardware Installation Guide gives you good insight into you request.

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/blackdiamond8800/downloads/8000_Series_Hardware_Install_Gui...

Thanks,

Roy_Noh
Extreme Employee
It will depend on which I/O cards inserted on it.
Can you specify all of them? Are you going to use PoE also?

Vellachery__Sum
Extreme Employee
Tayzar,

The "show power budget" command would let you know the Black Diamond chassis power redundancy requirements.

GTM-P2G8KFN