cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the extreme networks equivalent of Cisco's show interface command?

What's the extreme networks equivalent of Cisco's show interface command?

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Hello,
I'm wondering, is there an extreme networks equivalent to the Cisco command for show interfaces that gives you output results like this?
Example:
reliability 255/255, txload 36/255, rxload 8/255

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

if you want to see the IP addresses of an EXOS switch (similar to show ip interfaces brief showing the IP addresses of an IOS switch), you can use the command:

code:
show vlan

Thanks,
Erik

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Mike_Lane
Extreme Employee
I agree with Patrick (and EtherMAN). If you were really into finding the perfect output, formatted exactly the way you wanted, a python script would do the trick. You can have the script output any of the various helpful "show port X" commands and then do a little string processing to get the output just right. Of course, Netsight and other monitoring apps can do the trick even better, while saving the historical data for even more usefulness!

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
thank you

EtherMAN
Contributor III
very confusing Cisco centric command and I cant think of anyone else that has that command.. I would rather be able to ask for what I am looking for then have a cryptic interpretation of "reliability" Like Patrick says there are many port based commands that are real time where you can get port stats that auto refresh in real time. Very useful when you are digging around for problems .. just do a show port and tab to get all those commands .... I think you will be happy with what you discover ...

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
thank you

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
There are number of port commands that can be used and they all start with "show port"

• show port utilization
  • show port stat
  • show port rxerror
  • show port txerror
Based on the output you presented it looks like you are looking for utilization or stats.

Hope this helps!
GTM-P2G8KFN