cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired clients still connecting after bootp disabled!

Wired clients still connecting after bootp disabled!

Tony_Redman
New Contributor
We had a strange issue this morning after we accidentally disabled bootp on our core switch. Wired clients could still obtain an IP address from DHCP server but wireless clients couldn't.

Bootp is disabled on all other switches. Servers/Users and Wireless access points are on different VLANs.

I don't understand how the wired clients could still access the DHCP server on a different VLAN/subnet.

Any thoughts on this?
4 REPLIES 4

Tony_Redman
New Contributor
Sorry for delay been on easter break. I ran the following commands to remove bootp. disable bootprelay all "VR-Default" config bootprelay delete all I then did sh bootprelay and sh config |inc bootp (everything was disabled and no config showed, as expected) As we realised the mistake straight away we didnt do a pcap. We just enabled bootp to get it up and running. As this was on our core switch I'm very limited to troubleshooting that I can do. I am just hoping someone may have some ideas from the top of their head, or experienced the issue themselves.

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
have you taken the pcap on uplink port which is connected to the dhcp server and confirms the DORA packets?

Tamera_Rousseau
New Contributor
Tony, if you can give us some additional details, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

John_Kaftan
New Contributor III
When you say 'disabled bootp' do you mean that you took the IP Helper off of your vlan interface config?
GTM-P2G8KFN