Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x430 Help

x430 Help

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Nov 23 2013 2:26AM

Hello Team,

I apologize in advance as I know this topic does not belong here but I didn't know where to post it.

Our whole network consists of ExtremNetwork gear. From x650 all the way to x670.
We love them.... So we decided to buy a desktop model... The x430-24t... Well we encounter a small problem...
Right when we turn it on the switch fan speed seems normal while boot up... Once it finishes booting up the switch fan starts going up to 100% full speed. The switch is so loud and so disturbing due to the high pitch that the switch had to be turned off.
Not even our x670 is this loud...

Is this normal?

TIA.

(from xcom)
6 REPLIES 6

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Dec 6 2013 2:22AM

Thank you all for the help.

(from xcom)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Dec 4 2013 2:43PM

hello xcom

unfortunately the fan speed is controlled by the hardware not software so upgrading code will not help.

Here's some information from PLMSimilar to X440, X430 fans are controlled by hardware, and software does not have any control on fan speeds.

Based on the temperature sensor readings, fan speed is selected accordingly to keep the switch from over-heating.

Thanks
P
(from Paul_Russo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Nov 26 2013 10:35AM

Well i dont have any experience with the x430, it sounds strange if it's loder than the X670 dough! That one is realy loud.

but if your plan is to have the switch on a desk then i Think you need to by Another one witout fans...
(from aTomo)

EtherNation_Use
Contributor II
Create Date: Nov 25 2013 11:38PM

aTomo wrote:
Have you tryed to upgrade XOS? Yes sr I have and made no difference.

(from xcom)
GTM-P2G8KFN