cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X450a-48t IPv6 BGP configuration and version compatibility

X450a-48t IPv6 BGP configuration and version compatibility

Michael_Goodlif
New Contributor II
Hello, I have a stack of X650-24x and X450a-48t, both with Core licenses.

Both switches are currently running XOS 12.6.5.2 v1265b2-patch1-3, however I need IPv6 BGP capability which is not supported in this XOS version.

What version of XOS can I use to get IPv6 BGP capabilities for both these switches? I have read somewhere that it is not advisable to upgrade X450 to above 12.6, I believe this is only if you have a very large routing table (25,000+ routes)?

I currently only have a small routing table and will never have anywhere near 25,000 routes. Will I still have problems if I upgrade my stack to 15.1.4?

Thanls,
Michael

9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Goodlif
New Contributor II
Thanks. I don't have support so have to live with what I can find online. I have found 15.3.1.4-patch1-29 so that should be fine, 15.3.1.4-patch1-36 is the latest of that version.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
Use 15.3.1.4 latest patch . Stable version .

Michael_Goodlif
New Contributor II
Thank you for the clarification, so I should be ok to install 15.3.2.11 on both switches?

Stephane_Grosje
Contributor
Michael,

IPv6 BGP capabilities has been added from EXOS 15.1, so you need to upgrade at least in this release.
Summit x450a is fully supported up to 15.3, included. The only "challenge" here, especially in the case of BGP, is the memory usage. Summit x450a has less memory than more recent hardware platforms, and as new major version of EXOS are released, the memory footprint is bigger. As BGP often means large RIB, this might be a problem in certain cases.

Just validate your memory usage when you upgrade, to see if that can be a problem for your case. You may want to monitor it as well, for the long run.

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
I would reccommend you to upgrade code to 15.1.5.4latest patch.
then try the configuration.
GTM-P2G8KFN