cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X460-48p - Second PSU does not fit?

X460-48p - Second PSU does not fit?

Localhost
New Contributor II
Hi, We are trying to figure this problem out with our supplier, but maybe some of you bumped in the same issue. Basically we have 2 x460-48p with the second PSU. Now, there is a tiny piece of metal that sticks out from the first psu to the second psu bay which is preventing us to insert the second psu. That piece of meal is identical on both switches. Any ideas? thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I am not sure, but I find some of the fit and finish of the "Extreme" products needs some TLC. Definitely not as well built as the Enterasys stuff.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I vaguely remember hearing something similar to this a while back. I think this issue has been fixed - probably since your initial receipt of the X460-G2. I'll send a note to the quality team so they can check into it.

I should also say, a majority of them were fine and had no issues at all. But we had so many damaged products from the shipper that these devices could have been slightly damaged but not enough to be visible. Like I said, everything works so it wasn't that big of a deal.

I have has several new 460G2 where the fan modules didn't quite fit and I had to "force" them in. Granted, everything works, but I am use to equipment where almost no effort is required to insert a fan, PSU etc. I have not always found that to be the case with the purple stuff.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Can you elaborate? The issue described here seems to be due to an actual incompatibility rather than a manufacturing tolerance or fitment problem.
GTM-P2G8KFN