Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X460-G2-48X "Error while loading Ports: Speed Change is not allowed"

X460-G2-48X "Error while loading Ports: Speed Change is not allowed"

Dennis_K
New Contributor
Hi Guys,

thank you for visiting my Thread. Today we installed two X460-G2-48X as an Stack (Stacking Cable 1,5m) and configured on each Switch 1 Port as a Uplink Port to the Black Diamond Core Switches. (LACP)

But the Link doesn't come up. We rebooted and updated the Firmware to Version: 15.7.2 but nothing changed.

We still get this Error Message in the Log:

07/28/2015 15:33:46.63 Slot-2:
Error while loading "ports": Speed change is not allowed on port 2:52 as it is a trunk member port.

07/28/2015 15:33:46.22 Slot-2: mcmgr cannot write msg_id 5 to MASTER connection 0

We checked the configuration on both sides (X460 and BD)
All ports are configured on the same speed (10G)

Any Idea?

Thank you for your Help!

Dennis
9 REPLIES 9

Dennis_K
New Contributor
Good Morning,

the both switches were Blank before. We just configured on each Switch 1 Port together to a Link Aggregation.

But i will post info detail about the Ports later. 🙂

Olusegun_Dare
New Contributor
Hello, I'm a Juniper expert but have this customer that wants an X460-G2-48X and he wants to know if it can do VLAN segregation. While checking I stumbled on your thread. Kindly advice.

<content-quote data-username="Olusegun Dare">Hello, I'm a Juniper expert but have this customer that wants an X460-G2-48X and he wants to know if it can do VLAN segregation. While checking I stumbled on your thread. Kindly advice.</content-quote>Hi Olusegun,

I've split this post out into its own thread, so that it does not get lost in this thread. The X460-G2 does support VLANs. You can create additional VLANs with the 'create vlan' command.

Please reference the new conversation here: Does the X460-G2-48X support VLAN segregation?

-Brandon

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
It would be nice to have the show port command for the ports on both side of the link.

Thanks
P

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
Hi Dennis,

Can you post the output of 'show port 2:52 info detail' and 'show sharing'?

It appears that this port is a member of a LAG, and this may be conflicting with some of the other config for this port.

-Brandon
GTM-P2G8KFN