Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS show vlan portinfo

XOS show vlan portinfo

Thomas_J_Egger
New Contributor II
Hi all,

are there any plans to implement the command into XOS?

_ToM
28 REPLIES 28

Brian_Simpson
New Contributor
FYI: This is the message I get in the Log Viewer of Tftpd64

Connection received from 132.177.224.211 on port 54312 [20/11 10:14:01.911]
Read request for file . Mode octet [20/11 10:14:01.912]
Using local port 54313 [20/11 10:14:01.912]
: sent 3 blks, 1028 bytes in 0 s. 0 blk resent [20/11 10:14:01.927]

Brian_Simpson
New Contributor
Hi Paul,

I wasn't using anything, that's how clueless I am about this. So I downloaded Tftpd64 to my PC (Windows 7) and am trying to configure it, but not exactly sure how to get it running, there seems to be a lot of options I don't need, like DHCP and Syslog, etc.

I think I have it set up as just a TFTP server, using my desktop as the directory (C:\Users\xxx\Desktop), and the IP address of my PC as the server interface, but that's when I get stuck, I don't know how to actually start the TFTP process.

I tried running the CLI command with Windows Firewall disabled and still no luck.

-Brian

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Brian

ok so you can get to the switch that is good and means the VLAN is good to go. What type of OS are you running on your system? are you using the TFTP server in NS or are you using a third party application like 3cdeamon? A Mac has a built in TFTP server that you can use.

Thanks
P

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
1) the switch could have more interfaces configured, with vr XX you tell him which one to use to communicate with your device to TFTP the file.
If you choose the wrong one i.e. vr-default instead of vr-managment the download will not work.

Brian_Simpson
New Contributor
Hi Paul,

Let me preface this by reiterating what a network newbie I am, so please forgive any ignorance!

1) I am using my desktop to try this TFTP method which is on, for lack of a better term, a staff vlan. I can ping the XOS switch from it. I thought about trying to save this script somewhere in NMS Inventory Manager, thinking that might be easier, but seems like it shouldn't matter.

2) I can ping my desktop from the XOS switch. I have no idea if there are FW rules, I would have to check with one of the network admins.

3) By accessing the TFTP server (my desktop), I guess I can via remote desktop?

4) This is where I'm stumped. I don't know what this means. Do I need to enable the tftpd module on the XOS switch to give permission? And do I need to use the full path name when I use the CLI command, or still just "portvlan.py"?

Thank you guys for your help and patience!

-Brian
GTM-P2G8KFN