cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS update, how to activate new version?

XOS update, how to activate new version?

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I just downloaded v.16.1.1.4 xos and ssh images to x440 and rebooted the switch. The documents I read says when I reboot the new firmware activates. But after rebooting it is still using ver. 15.2.

So how can I use new version?

Current State: OPERATIONAL Image Selected: primary
Image Booted: primary
Primary ver: 15.2.1.5
Secondary ver: 16.1.1.4

Config Selected: primary.cfg
Config Booted: primary.cfg

primary.cfg Created by ExtremeXOS version 15.2.1.5
127187 bytes saved on Wed Aug 5 19:41:39 2015

9 REPLIES 9

Stephane, I said "yes" to that question. But as Daniel said it did not used new FW after reboot.

Exactly, but this doesn't always work.
I usually run 'show switch' after installing a new image. But even if I notice that the new images is not selected and try to run 'use image ' the command does nothing.
When this issue occurs I have to reboot the switch once and then run the 'use image ' command for it to "stick".

When you download the image, you are being asked if you want to make this version the active one.

VM1.1 # download image 192.168.56.1 bd10Ki386-16.1.1.4.xos
Debug information files are present in internal-memory.
These files will be removed if you continue with download.
Do you want to continue with download and remove existing files from internal-memory? (y/N) Yes
Note: The inactive partition (secondary) will be used for installation.
Do you want to install image after downloading? (y - yes, n - no, - cancel) If you say Yes, you should reboot on that new version.

Hi,

I believe the idea is that the newly installed image should be selected automatically, but this sometimes fail for some reason.

Known bug?

Thanks andreas it works. It should be added to documentation.
GTM-P2G8KFN