cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT and ERS8600

ADT and ERS8600

A-W
New Contributor

I am trying to use ADT to discover the ERS8600 switches but it is highlighted in red although the credentials are correct and we can discover these switches with JDM normally from the same machine. So, I need to know if this model is supported with ADT or not?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for these details, A-W.  We will test in the lab on an ERS8600. I was advised there have been some issues in the past with legacy ERS models that may be involved. After testing, we may have additional questions related to BOSS version and SNMP configuration. 

A-W
New Contributor

ADT vesion is 1.1.14.

I use the range method not the seed IP.

I could discover ERS55xx switches successfully but not the ERS8600.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which version of ADT is it?  ERS models are supported in 1.1.13 or later. The current version is 1.1.15. 

Usually the problem is either SNMP credentials don’t match or the device isn’t reachable. ADT sometimes works better by using the “IP Range” discovery method than the “Seed IP address” method.

Given that the device is discoverable by the JDM application, it’s assumed that it’s reachable and you’ve verified credentials. So which discovery method is being used?  If it’s seed IP address, do you get the same result with using IP range? 

EXTR_Paul
Extreme Employee

You might want to post this in the ERS VSP group.  You might get more eyes on it.

GTM-P2G8KFN