cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drag and Drop network simulator that helps candidates prepare for Extreme Certifications

Drag and Drop network simulator that helps candidates prepare for Extreme Certifications

Wawa
New Contributor
The command line is a daunting place for a newbie, especially if you're trying to break into the world of network administration and XOS design and configuration. A lot of effort has gone into designing user-friendly guides for the different Extreme line of hardware. Would it be possible to even take that extra step and create a network simulator that introduces candidates and engineers alike to the Extreme line of hardware, configuration and troubleshooting scenarios? Something like GNS3, but lightweight and staged for various levels of certification. Candidates are then able to design their own networks, practice various XOS commands and share their topologies with other members of the community. It not only helps make XOS more accessible, but begins building a brand loyalty and identity even among individuals that aren't necessarily network engineers
11 REPLIES 11

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi,
There's a virtual EXOS available (look at xkits). Never tried to see if it could be integrated to GNS3. But it's definitely a great tool for practise and labs.
Sure, going the extra step to have a full virtual environment using VM EXOS would be great.

I did download the VM, and it's brilliant. I also haven't figured out how to use it as a switching appliance. But the trouble is, even if I did, the number of VMs I can connect to it is rather limited or expensive if I decided to upgrade my RAM.

GTM-P2G8KFN