cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECA - how to add a switch

ECA - how to add a switch

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
How could I tell my 220 switch to connect to my ECA.

I'm running latest software so that is OK but I can't find how I'd tell the switch the IP of the ECA via CLI or GUI.

I wasn't able to find any user manual for the 200series on the webpage to check whether that includes some information.

Thanks,
Ron
6 REPLIES 6

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Doug,

my ECA config is fine but I'd like to know whether there is no option to just configure the IP of the ECA via the 220 CLI/GUI instead of using DHCP ?

Thanks,
Ron

Doug
Extreme Employee
Take a look at the help file in the ECA...

Adding a SwitchAccess Points and Switches are automatically added to via the cloud-connector when the DHCP and DNS prerequisites have been met. You can use the Add functionality to pre-provision any AP or switch before they connect.

To add a switch to your network:

1. Per-configure your external DHCP and DNS servers on your network for discovery of the new switch. In order for the to communicate to the ExtremeCloud Appliance:
    • The DHCP Server (that will be serving an IP to the switch) needs to return a DNS Server and Domain Name to the switch.
    • The DNS Server needs to map the name extremecontrol. to the IP address of the ECA that you plan to add the switch.
    • Confirm that the DHCP server is serving the correct DNS and domain name information.
    • Go to Devices > Switches.
    • Click Add and configure the parameters.NOTE

You can clone a switch from within a site, see Switches

• Configure the following parameters.Serial NumberUnique number that identifies the switch. Provide this number for new and cloned switches. This number is on the switch.ModelSelect model number from the drop-down list. The model number is on the switch.NameUnique name for the switch. Provide a unique name.DescriptionText description to help identify the switch.

• Click OK.
    • Connect your switch to the network and power it on.NOTE

The switch must be reset to factory default configuration. Refer to the switch documentation to reset your switch to factory defaults.