Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterasys DFE : Webview: Interface Utilization , RMON History strange values

Enterasys DFE : Webview: Interface Utilization , RMON History strange values

SC-Lantech
New Contributor
Hello,
we have an Enterasys N3 DFE with version 5.42.10 .

When I check by CLI "Rmon history" statistics I see that an interface have "Utilization(%)" value "4", but If I check the Utilization of the same interface by Webview, section "Rmon History" , I find value "407"!
Exists a document and/or an official Enterasys article that confirms that the value seen by Webview must be divided by 100 to get the effective interface usage percentage?

Thanks a lot
Best Regards
3 REPLIES 3

Paul_Poyant
New Contributor III
When this question was first posted - looks like two weeks ago now - I took the liberty of going through the KB, with the thought that what you stated sounded familiar. I did find a "hit", but it was in reference to the Resource Utilization MIB appearing to be off by a factor of 10 rather than the RMON MIB appearing to be off by a factor of 100. I questioned the value of communicating this, so at the time opted not to do so.

With this topic revisit, I now present that located reference, which just so happens to also be part of the documentation we had already ported here to the Hub:
5695, "Displaying the CPU Utilization of the N/S-Series" (http://gsfn.us/t/4c0ef).

What I take away from this finding is that the RMON mib looks to be using an implicit two decimal places, which would render a 4.07% reading in your example.

As an aside regarding the KB as it formerly existed - and at peril of hijacking a topic - please be aware that pains have been taken to port the most valuable elements of that database, as pertains to current products, to a new home here on the Hub. As of this moment, there are 578 KB articles, release notes, and manuals - plus 16 videos - available here. More is being added over time, as well. Look for the big purple question mark associated with FAQ User.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Paul

SC-Lantech
New Contributor
Thanks Andy,
I'm sure that this behavior was documented on Enterasys Articles Knowledge Base but the problem is that KB of Enterasys is off-line from few months.... and I can't find on THE HUB similar issues description.

Anderson_Vaugha
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Regarding you question I would recommend that you open a case with our Gtac so that we can gather some additional information and work with you towards the solution.

Regards

Andy Vaughan
GTM-P2G8KFN