Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I correct a stack mac address

How can I correct a stack mac address

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
We have a stack of 1 x460 and 3 x440s running summitX-15.5.3.4-patch1-2.xos

Over the weekend the building they are in lost power and apparently power was restored 1 phase at a time.

Slot 4 has rebooted several additional times with the reason (no master) and the stack mac address on slot 4 is not correctly configured.

Slot-1 MCEC_MDF.2 # sho stacking configuration Stack MAC in use: 02:04:96:99:2c:1c
Node Slot Alternate Alternate
MAC Address Cfg Cur Prio Mgmt IP / Mask Gateway Flags Lic
------------------ --- --- ---- ------------------ --------------- --------- ---
*00:04:96:99:2c:1c 1 1 Auto CcEeMm-Nn --
00:04:96:98:ab:18 2 2 Auto --EeMm-Nn --
00:04:96:98:aa:e0 3 3 Auto --EeMm-Nn --
00:04:96:98:ab:38 4 4 Auto --Ee--iNn --
* - Indicates this node

I have not tried on this switch yet, but have tried to configure the stack mac on switches on other stacks and never had any luck. In the past I have always had to unconfigure switch all, run easy stacking and reload the config.

Any thoughts,
5 REPLIES 5

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Hi David,

The stack mac can be resolved with the "configure stacking mac" from the master. A reboot is required after this command is implemented. The "synchronize stacking" command may been needed as well.

As far as the slot rebooting that is a mystery. I do notice that the stack only has one master capable node. This means if slot 1 dies the entire stack dies. Was this intended?
GTM-P2G8KFN