cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prioritize the traffic of one Vlan over the other, assigned to the same pair of ports.

How to prioritize the traffic of one Vlan over the other, assigned to the same pair of ports.

Danial_Jalil
New Contributor
If there are two ports X and Y in which 2 Vlans are assinged. Port X is 10 G and port Y is 1 G. How to prioritize the traffic of VLAN A over VLAN B.
12 REPLIES 12

Again... how to do it? Port A sends 700Mbps data in VLAN A and 5G Data in VLAN B. Now i want to receive all 700Mbps on Port B irrepective of whether i reiece data of VLAN B or not.. so how to implement that.. i tried qosprofiles but they r not working.

You need to ensure that VLAN A never(*) tries to transport data at more than 1Gbps, and strictly prioritize VLAN A over VLAN B.

(Note: For example, Lossless Ethernet and Fibre Channel work by stopping the sender if the network cannot transport the data. This implements admission control for the network. If the sender sends more data than the network can transport, not all the data can reach the destination.)

(*) short bursts may be mitigated by buffers

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Hello Danial,

You can utilize the article below to configure QOS:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Configuring-QOS-profiles-and-verify-QOS-is...

Looks like you just need to create the qosprofile and configure the VLAN to the profile. Please keep in mind that this configuration will only prioritize the traffic on the switch ti is configured on.

Hope this helps!

GTM-P2G8KFN