cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LACP on a stack of XOS 15.3

LACP on a stack of XOS 15.3

nixcraft
New Contributor
I have pair of X450a-48T that are running XOS 15.3.3.5. Most of the release notes for 15.3 branch include an open issue:
"LACP process ends unexpectedly with signal 6"

What does that mean exactly and is this a serious issue? When would I run into this issue? Should I be using some other XOS version if I want to use LACP with X450a stack? I know 15.3 is the last supported version for X450a, is it better to go back to 15.2?
2 REPLIES 2

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
The LACP process ending simply means that the process crashed. This usually ends up in a reboot of the switch depending on the configuration. There is a recommended version of code for the x450a which at a quick glance appears to have fixed the LACP issues. This version of code was found in the link below:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-Is-The-Recommended-Release-of-EXOS-For-M...

I would review the release notes of this version and think about upgrading to prevent any LACP issues.

Thanks for the clarification. Unfortunately I don't have access to the latest versions as I bought the switches used.
GTM-P2G8KFN