cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing packages in one vlan

missing packages in one vlan

Alexey_shaverne
New Contributor

There is a VLAN connecting firewall 1 through a stack of firewall 2, that is, 2 ports are involved and that's all. And in it there is a loss of packets. Interestingly, the problem disappears after the reboot of the stack, but partly if the percentage of losses was initially about 25 percent, after the reboot of 8-10 percent. I can immediately say that I changed the slot, I changed the VLAN. But the problem remains, and it arises suddenly. Does anyone have any ideas? Firmware 22.5.1.7. A stack of 5 slots, 4 of which are x440G2-24t-10g4 and x620-16x switches. VLAN on 4 and first stack. Please help !!!
16 REPLIES 16

I can say that it worked through stack before.

Friends, between two firewalls tunnel, trusted network 1 and network 2, both networks are in the default Vlan with the same masks just different subnets. Firewall 2 moved to another building. Buildings are connected by a stack whose slots are located in different buildings. Between 10Gbit / s slots. The idea was to connect the tunnel not with a wire, wasting nerves, strength and money to run a cable, and use a simple VLAN with untagged ports for this. I listened to your advice, took a backup extreme and did so you told me I used only one switch, without adding my entire network there. This is described in the diagram, the result was the same. Connecting via RDP is terribly buggy. If I do the same thing through D-link for $ 20. Everything is working.

Alexey - Perhaps we're all misunderstanding your scenario. You're pinging from the workstation on the left (on V1) to both firewalls and showing packet loss when you do so? If that's the case, I only see one firewall with an interface in the same vlan. Can you explain what your overall goal is, along with what firewalls you're using and how you're routing between VLAN's? What does this look like when it's done and working in your opinion?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
It would help a lot if you provide more precise information.... e.g.
- network diagram
- port number of the connnections
- IPs
- VLAN name/number
- ping what / from which source to which destination

What I'd see right now is a wall of text without any information in it.

I'm not an XOS expert but if you really used a factory switch with only one VLAN (default !?) the first thing that comes to mint if you see such a high packet loss is speed/duplex missmatch.

So connect the 2 FWs again and check the speed/duplex on the port. Not only the configuration but the status after you connect the 2 FWs to see the speed/duplex value that was negotatiated.

Alexey_shaverne
New Contributor
ok friends, so my exreme do not working in VLAN when his connected to firewall1 and firewall2. packets do not disappear, but the pings disappear the number of bytes that one port processed and the number of bytes that the other port processed is not even close. Erik, I did everything you said and even more, I returned the switch to the factory settings and registered only 1 of this VLAN for connection. I used different extreme switches such as 440-24p, 440-g2-10ge 24t, 440-g2-10ge 48t. Versions of the firmware used different from the latest to the firmware six months ago. But imagine, I tried to implement it through the 8-port D-Link 1018-ge and I did it. Maybe there is some nuance. I note that in VLAN 1 pings do not disappear and the entire network including printersvlan, guestwifi and others work. Please help solve the problem
GTM-P2G8KFN