cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing stacking from: BootRom

Removing stacking from: BootRom

Dave_Hanna
New Contributor III
So we had a couple of switches that had previously been in a 4-slot stack. Stacking was disabled but when 2 of these switch where put in a stack and enable again they had slot-3 & 4 appear and don't have master capable turned on.. ie they are stuck at the AAA login screen.

When i spacebar boot into the BootRom, i can type config none && boot but they still get stuck with stacking still on??

BootRom is only 1.0.x.x and i plan to update this tomoz morning.
Will this us allow to wipe both config and stacking?

Do we need to completely unconfigure the switch before stacking them again??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dave_Hanna
New Contributor III
so we recieved the latest BootRom from Extreme, but its the same version as before.
Our bootRom for the 460-G2 is currently 1.0.2.1

I have tried updating the BootRom, downloading the latest XOS image and installing. Neither of these options restore the switch to the factory defaults. Stacking is still enabled.

Reboot as master-capable doesnt exist on this BootRom.
Config none, then reboot also does nothing.

Are there any other way to reset the switch?

Yes we have now created a Fail-safe recovery for other switch due to this issue. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Dave,

Just to be sure, the command "REBOOT AS MASTER-CAPABLE" has to be executed during the pending (AAA) log in prompt and all in upper case.

champion.. Gold Star for full details. 

Dave_Hanna
New Contributor III
so we recieved the latest BootRom from Extreme, but its the same version as before.
Our bootRom for the 460-G2 is currently 1.0.2.1

I have tried updating the BootRom, downloading the latest XOS image and installing. Neither of these options restore the switch to the factory defaults. Stacking is still enabled.

Reboot as master-capable doesnt exist on this BootRom.
Config none, then reboot also does nothing.

Are there any other way to reset the switch?

Yes we have now created a Fail-safe recovery for other switch due to this issue. 

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
If you remove a switch from a stack it would be good practice to utilize the "unconfigure switch all" command to completely wipe the stacking configuration.
GTM-P2G8KFN