cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading system image of all the node within stack

upgrading system image of all the node within stack

DASTAN
New Contributor II
we have several stacking on the network with 15.2 version, we are planning to swap-out some of them and at the same time update the version. what is the usual practice to do this?
6 REPLIES 6

DASTAN
New Contributor II
in the scenario that I'm logon to the master, when I upgrade its image does the rest of the node will be upgraded also? can you share what command should I execute? what I know only is the per node image upgrade "download image vr vr-default "

here is my scenario, I have several stacking with 15.2 image version, and some node in a stack needs to be replaced and some will stay. thus, I'm planning to upgrade the stack images to 15.3.2 (as this was the images of the newly delivered switches) before performing the node replacement. just making sure that I will be doing it right!

thanks in advance...

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Dastan You could either upgrade the stack and the new nodes and then add the new nodes or add the new nodes to the stack and upgrade all of them at the same time. You can't mixe code versions within a stack. Make sure that the new version of code is in the same image container on all of the switches. I.e. All on primary or all on secondary. Let me know if I didn't answer your question
GTM-P2G8KFN