cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XOS 12.6.1.3 stack crashes after 1555 days uptime

XOS 12.6.1.3 stack crashes after 1555 days uptime

Matthew_Tedder
New Contributor II
We have two Extreme stacks that have shown the same behavior at 1555 days uptime:

Slave switch breaks out of stack and becomes 2nd master,
All ports on slave switch go dark. (they can be bounced to re-enable directly from switch 2)

Has anyone else experienced this? I just love uptime bugs.....
13 REPLIES 13

Saurabh_Makkar
New Contributor

Can you share the ticket id for this case , as we have same issue in our environment with 15.3.5.2.

Alexander_Kaza1
New Contributor
Hello.
The problem with crash after 1554 days of uptime on the stack solved by the vendor?
In which version?

We got this problem on stacks with the versions 12.6.3.2 and 15.3.3.5.
Now we have installed version 16.2.4.5 - is this problem solved in this version?

We opened a ticket to the partner on the problem with version 12.6.3.2 in December 2017 and the answer: update to new version.
The ticket for the problem with version 15.3.3.5 is just open, but there is no answer.

Matthew_Tedder
New Contributor II
Thanks Drew - I already have a TAC case open but nothing conclusive has come of it. I turned over the sh tech output to them yesterday and they've sorted through it.

I'm not able to reboot the stack, but will work on a window to reboot each of the slave switches and let you know what happens. That was also supports suggestion.

Ha, yeah, understood - these switches are absolutely critical to us but even I was surprised by that. We'll take this as an opportunity to update them once we review what the newest rock-solid version is.
GTM-P2G8KFN