cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built in Edit on VOSS

Built in Edit on VOSS

flan828
New Contributor

I am looking for the EDIT manual so I can edit a config on a VOSS switch. Kinda like the vi editor in the XOS. Is there such a thing? 

I know how to use vi. I do not know how to use "edit" 

Thanks,

Flan

3 REPLIES 3

taracena
New Contributor

Yes, there is an EDIT command in VOSS (Virtual Operating System Software) that allows you to edit configurations on a VOSS switch.

To use the EDIT command, you first need to navigate to the configuration mode by typing "configure terminal". Once in configuration mode, you can use the EDIT command followed by the name of the configuration file you want to edit. For example, "EDIT myconfig.cfg".

Once you enter the EDIT command, the switch will enter the text editor where you can make changes to the configuration file. The text editor used by VOSS is similar to vi, so you should be able to use many of the same commands.

When you are finished editing the configuration file, you can save your changes and exit the text editor by typing ":wq" and pressing enter.

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee

Seems missing in the VOSS / Fabric Engine docs... but it is the same from the old ERS8800 platforms; see attached manual page 30

ed_zubrickas
New Contributor III

I have only done basic changes using the VOSS edit command, but I think of it as vi with a 1-line screen height.

Try it that way and see if this method works for you.

GTM-P2G8KFN