Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could VSP 7254 be used as a backup for the VSP7024

could VSP 7254 be used as a backup for the VSP7024

Terry_Yang
New Contributor III
Deal all

My client has a question .

7024 is running fabric connect , then client have VSP 7254 switch , they want to know if 7024 is broken , could 7254 take over 7024 ?

if 7254 can , how to change the config easily from 7024 to 7254 ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Joseph_Wood
New Contributor II
The VSP 7024 is basically an ERS switch despite the naming convention.   The CLI used by the ERS and (actual) VSP products is similar but different.   If you have someone that is familiar with both CLIs it shouldn't take them more than an hour to port it over.   If that 7024 is a part of a IST pair then you would need to replace both boxes as a 7024 can not peer with any other VSP product.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WillyHe
Contributor
This is confusing, how to understand this?

- "For VSP 7254XSQ, auto-negotiation is always disabled for 1 Gigabit Ethernet transceivers"
versus
- "the remote 1000BASE-T interface must have auto-negotiation enabled"
To my knowledge auto-negotiate must be enabled on both sides of a connection or it must be disabled on both sides.

I understand this as follows, on the VSP7254, for 1G transceivers auto-negotiate is always enabled and it is not possible to change this.

I hope I'm right and don't make it more confusing 🙂

Joseph_Wood
New Contributor II
The VSP 7024 is basically an ERS switch despite the naming convention.   The CLI used by the ERS and (actual) VSP products is similar but different.   If you have someone that is familiar with both CLIs it shouldn't take them more than an hour to port it over.   If that 7024 is a part of a IST pair then you would need to replace both boxes as a 7024 can not peer with any other VSP product.

I just want to know that Copy the upgrade image to your VSP chassis using FTP (via SSH, TCP/22) In this example, I have transferred the VOSS image via FileZilla (open source FTP software). You can simply drag and drop the tgz file into the /intflash directory to the right panel from your system. (/Users/username/TFTP/VOSS8K.8.0.0.0.tgz) Macy's Insite Login
GTM-P2G8KFN