cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Dataplane for mac-in-mac needed for GNS3 VOSS Image 7.1.0.0

Dataplane for mac-in-mac needed for GNS3 VOSS Image 7.1.0.0

Jeff_Buddington
New Contributor
Hello, wondering when the dataplane for the mac-in-mac will be added to the VM for GNS3? I built a good size mesh of VSPs with the 7.1.0.0 release and would be very useful to be able to ping all the way across the fabric, not just over direct adjacencies. This would be very useful for new opportunities in addition to customer education and modeling network cutovers. Full fabric with multiple VM Nodes up and running but can't pass any data beyond direct adjacencies.
Sooooo close.... this would be so excellent.

19 REPLIES 19

hakim
New Contributor

Hi may i know where can i get the microvsp version 8.1.5

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II

Hi, Iā€™ve tested microVSP 8.1.5 and Iā€™m disappointed to the fact that in this release is emulated the data plane, but with important limitations (fabric attach is not emulated, multicast is not emulated, etcā€¦.).

This verision is usefull only to see that I can ping between to endpoints in a fabric connect l2vsn, so is quite limited as scenario.

Is at the moment more usefull the microVSP included in the latest demokit (still version 8.1.0.0) that has got the fa and multicast emulated features but has still not the data plane emulated!

I hope that will see soon a microVSP version that has got all the features emulated properly because can help us to sell Extreme Fabric Connect to customer showing them how all these features works together.

Fijs
New Contributor III

Meanwhile, Virtual VOSS v8.1.5 came out some weeks ago. Unfortunately, I could not find anything related to dataplane in this release anywhere...

Jay2009
New Contributor

Bumping this. Would be nice if someone from Extreme could comment. Would be good to be able to prove some stuff out virtually while being stuck at home for a while. 

Antonio_Opromol
Contributor II

Hi, are there news regarding the dataplane emulation in the virtual images of VOSS?

If we have an updated vVOSS  virtual machine in the DemoKit environment, permits the partner (that donā€™t have a lot of expensive VSP phisical appliances for labs) to show to potential Fabric Connect customers, not only ppt presentations or a virtual Fabric Connect envinonment using the actual DemoKit images of VSP (based on version 7.1 without dataplane emulated), but normally after the presentation the answer of the customer is that the technology is fantastic, but wants to see more with communications end-to-end that works (not only the control plane), because are sceptics.

Having a working virtual enviroment with also the dataplane emulated permits to have more arguments for convince a customer to invest in a completly new technology for them and invest on Extreme, before other competitor build a similar solution as Extreme do now..

GTM-P2G8KFN