cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS 3500 lost vlan management

ERS 3500 lost vlan management

EF
Contributor II
ERS3500 running release 5.3.9 secure (ERS3500_539011s.img) lost the IP address configured in vlan mgmt, the symptom is that the IP address left to be "in use" (it isn´t deleted from the config).

Reboots the device and works again, but a few minutes after the issue reproduce.

Has anyone a similar problem?

Regards,

EF

4 REPLIES 4

EF
Contributor II
I found the problem, duplicated IP in mgmt VLAN.

Regards,

EF

Martin_Sebek
New Contributor III
I would recommend you to create a case with GTAC as 5.3.9 is the latest software available. I have checked some 3500 we are running and they are still on 5.2 version. Uptime over one year and no troubles with mgmt connectivity.

EF
Contributor II

I tried the same, deleting and reconfigring the IP again, but it didn´t work. I´m thinking to enable the ip routing because it´s a very big problem to lose the management of it.

Regards,

EF

Martin_Sebek
New Contributor III
Not with 3500, but I have seen this issue on different series. I have never tried to solve it by rebooting the switch. Just simply configured the IP address again and it went to "in use" again.

What I have seen on 3500 was that switch stopped responding from networks reachable via default gw. Only way to fix this was reboot. But I do not remember what sw version the switch was running.
GTM-P2G8KFN