Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fabric Attach issues: VSP7400 - x450G2 - x440G2

Fabric Attach issues: VSP7400 - x450G2 - x440G2

tfsnetman
Contributor

Hello everyone,

When connecting VSP7400 - x450G2 - x440G2 in one line I am having issues.

Phones on the x460 and the x440 cannot find their TFTP server for instance but everything works fine when connected like this:

• VSP7400 - x450G2
  • VSP7400 - x440G2

• etc..

Installed software 

• VSP: 8.2.6.0

•  x460 and X440: 22.7.1.2-patch1-17

Assumption:
The VSP7400 is acting as a FA server, the x450G2 as a FA Proxy and FA Client (for the VSP) and the x440 is a FA client again.

Questions:

• Do I have to map vlans to ISIDs / NSIs on the x440?
  • What about the uplink on the x450 to the x440? Do I tag all Vlans or do I use LLDP to advertise / request them?
    • Or should I disable LLDP and treat the x440 like any other switch?
  • Do I need version 30.x on the x450 and x440 so I can configure FA Proxy?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Klaus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tfsnetman
Contributor

Thank you guys,

Turns out this was caused by some configuration mismatch on VSP cluster members.

One of the VSP cluster members is connected to a Cisco core and has static Vlan / I-SID configuration which was missing on the second cluster member.

Our SE told me that cluster members need the same Vlan / I-SID configuration; problem solved.

Kind regards,

Klaus

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

tfsnetman
Contributor

Thank you guys,

Turns out this was caused by some configuration mismatch on VSP cluster members.

One of the VSP cluster members is connected to a Cisco core and has static Vlan / I-SID configuration which was missing on the second cluster member.

Our SE told me that cluster members need the same Vlan / I-SID configuration; problem solved.

Kind regards,

Klaus

PeterK
Contributor III

Hi Klaus,

as Christian wrote, you should upgrade to EXOS 30.6 or 30.7

AFAIK FA Client wasn’t supportet in 22.7, but not 100% sure…

Like Christian, I also had this running without configuring vlans on the “middle” EXOS switch with EXOS 30.6

CWurm
Contributor

Hello Klaus!

in your design (VSP7400 -> X450G2 -> X440G2) the X450G2 doesn’t need any config. It will automatically transmit the LLDP frames for signalling I-SIDs between the X440G2 and the VSP7400. I was told that once you configure anything on the Fabric Attach Proxy device it won’t work as a proxy any more…

Also: yes, the X440G2 does need the I-SID (or NSI how it is called on XOS) mapping for its VLANs to be able to properly work in Fabric Attach mode. In that way the uplink between the X450G2 and the X440G2 does not need to have any VLANs configured manually.

I have tested this with XOS 30.6 and XOS 30.7. Fabric Attach should work with XOS 22.4 and onwards, but I am not sure if Fabric Attach Proxy also works with XOS 22.4 or if this requires a newer software.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards

Christian

GTM-P2G8KFN